Thursday, April 06, 2006

President Bush is a Decent Man

For all you libs out there who truly believe that President Bush is evil incarnate, take a look at this story:
"What I wanted to say to you is that I -- in my lifetime, I have never felt more ashamed of, nor more frightened by, my leadership in Washington, including the presidency, by the Senate, and ...," the man said, as the audience began booing.

"No, wait a sec -- let him speak," Bush said.


Contrast the president's reaction with this one:
Dale Ungerer, a retiree from Hawkeye, Iowa, lectured Dean for nearly three minutes near the end of a forum aimed at winning voters for Iowa’s Jan. 19 caucuses.

Ungerer accused Dean and other Democratic presidential hopefuls of dividing the country by bashing Bush instead of outlining their own plans and showing respect for authority.

“Please tone down the garbage, the mean mouthing, the tearing down of your neighbor and being so pompous,” Ungerer told the former Vermont governor and Democratic front-runner. “You should help your neighbor and not tear him down.”

“George Bush is not my neighbor,” Dean replied.

“Yes, he is,” Ungerer said, to which Dean responded: “You sit down. You’ve had your say and now I’m going to have my say.”


The libs can demonize Bush as much as they want, but when the public sees Bush in action, it all falls apart. They cannot see him as anything but what he is - a decent guy.

2 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Personally I have never believed that President Bush is a bad man, in fact I think he is a pretty good man who is trying his best in a bad situation. I do think that he has made some errors and followed some bad advice from those who are around him, but Bush himself is not a bad guy. That is something that has really bothered me about the way much of the left has criticized the President, they have made personal attacks instead of attacking the issues. Sadly, those on the left are not the only ones who are guilty of such tactics. That type of bashing is all too common in politics today.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger YankeeCon said...

You've got it right. Personal attacks on the president just detract from any legitamte criticism of his policies.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home